Advanced Healthcare Made Personal. View More
Are you planning to get enrolled in Professional Accounting courses or GST Courses? If yes, then you need to know everything about accounting courses, career opportunities, job responsibilities, institutes, and much more. Here in this guide, we have tried to offer you all the information you need to know before stepping into the world of accounting.
So for starting your career as an accountant here are some things to take care of:
- You should fulfill the criteria to complete 10+2 with commerce with subject’s accounts, economics, and math.
- But if you have not selected these subjects then you can also do an accounting course by clearing AAT qualification. It is the minimum qualification needed for completing your accounting course.
- Then select the best institute or university for pursuing the accounting course.
- So here we go with the best courses we have in India and how to select courses according to your choice:
Many bachelors’ and master’s degree are there to ensure a career as an accountant
- B.com with accounting, finance, auditing, management
- And also master’s in this degree, would help you with more great options with your career.
- Moreover, you have diploma courses in these fields which can improve your knowledge
- Now, if we talk about courses, then we have a big list of accounting courses,
Here we have mentioned some courses:
- Chartered accounted (CA)
- Company secretary (CS)
- Certified public accountant (CPA)
- Certified management accounted (CMA)
- Enrolled agent (EA)
- Certified financial analyst (CFA)
- Certified internal auditor (CIA)
Let’s discuss the tasks as an accountant you have to do in any company or organization:
As an accountant, you may have plenty of work under your desk.
You can be hired to maintain the day to day financial expenses of your company and make a good report of expenses.
Sometimes you are required to take care of dense tax returns on the yearly basis and sometimes may be required to store the data of daily financial transactions, profits, and losses of the company.
Long hour duty:
The position of an accountant is different and daily working life leads you to a long hour job. Normally in every industry or company, the regular hours of work are 7 to 8 hrs but sometime you also may have more work which can lead to a more requirement of time.
As a chartered accountant you have to manage some other things along with your duty:
- Providing financial advice and management to the business owners,
- To check the management of financial systems and budgets,
- Advising clients on tax planning and issues associated with business growth,
- Also keep an eye on forensic accounting: detecting and preventing the company from frauds,
- Providing daily production reports to the investors and feedbacks from the people about new products launched by the industry.
How to improve your value in the market?
Apart from certificates and professional degrees, an accountant also needs some skills which may help him to improve his value in the market:
- A good knowledge of IT,
- Management skills,
- Communication skills,
- Organizational skill to manage time,
- A good knowledge of business, with best welfare advice for company,
- Passionate for work with new ideas,
- Should be learning to improve you and also your company.
Nothing comes easier than accounting skills if you pay attention to the basics. You should be very careful while choosing these courses as they decide on your future.